Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Right now I'm stressed and worried (or trying not to worry)Which is making it hard for me to be thankful in a happy loving way. There is so much to be thankful for, but for me that emotion isn't there right now.

I'm thankful that I can be thankful for the many blessings in my life even when I don't feel it overwhelmingly at that exact moment. Sometimes in life other emotions are so overpowering that we don't always feel the good ones. I've learned a while back when I went through the Post Partum Depression with my kids that feelings can't be trusted unless they are backed by our faith and fact. So I know that even though I'm not feeling thankfulness right now because of other things that are weighing me down, my faith and the facts tell me without an ounce of doubt that I'm thankful deep down where it really matters.

8 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for you dear.

Anonymous said...

"Thankful that I can be thankful" That's wise. Have a nice week.

Up Close said...

Hello. May the Lord bless you and keep you.
God bless!

In Light of the Truth... said...

Aw honey, I'm sorry your life feels so heavy right now! Praying this little storm blows over quickly! Good luck with the move!

Toknowhim said...

You are so right friend...

Rita T. said...

Keep looking up!

Laurie Ann said...

I just prayed for you. I'm glad you can be thankful during this time. Trusting our feelings is not a good thing sometimes! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Linda C said...

You are looking in the right direction- to be thankful. You are so right. I know He will lift your burden. Blessings to you.

Hugs,
Linda C