Monday, March 23, 2009

Gifts

I wrote this post about a year ago, I'm not sure why I didn't post it, but today as I noticed it in my drafts I thought I should post it even thought it's almost a year old I hope you enjoy it.

I was reminded just now or even a little yesterday, that it's so easy to totally miss the blessing that God has given us day in and day out. I started my blog with the what a Gift Name for a specific reason to remind myself of the many blessings that God has given me and continues to give me. I think I have lost sight of acknowledging Gods gifts in my life especially in my blog. It's funny today as my children were looking for Easter eggs I had to keep telling my 8 year old to look high and leave the low ones for my 5 year old, but he continued to gravitate to the low eggs, so I kept on reminding him. I was thinking that is how we sometimes are as Christians but in reverse we are always looking for the high/big/out of this world miracle from God and we forget to look low and see the everyday miracles he has given us. It's so easy to think that we succeeded on our own abilities, or that we didn't spend enough time letting God help us so we must have done it ourselves. The reality of the situation is that even the littlest things that we think we did ourselves were done by God we just don't take the time to acknowledge it and thank him for it. I believe that nothing happens in this world that God hasn't placed into motion so for me to say I did this or that is essentially not giving credit where credit is due. I want to say to God at this time, Thank you for everything, one thing in particular I've lost sight of for so long and just recently have with your leading and provisions saw again is the gift of art that you've given me and helped me to see again. It's been so long that I didn't know if I could even draw or paint again, I asked for your help and guiding and you allowed me to see it again. I rediscovered what was always there. Thanks,

No comments: