Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A Little of This and A Little of That, Summer Fun

I'm so excited my friend who also has a blog just posted that her husband has finished putting the children's new swing set together. What a great gift to there own children but to several others that spend time at there home. Mine are included in that I'm sure all the children will have hours of fun on that new swing set. If anyone who reads this wants to see the swing set or read about the journey her husband had in putting it together toknowhimjesus.blogspot.com is her blog what a great story.
On a new note just purely information my daughter has 3 more days of preschool and my son has about 3 more weeks. I usually feel a little overwhelmed at first thinking what am I going to do with them all summer put usually I get to the point where I can't believe the summer is over and I didn't even get to do half of the stuff I wanted to do. We will have to keep our travels to a minimum this summer due to skyrocketing gas prices but I'm sure the kids with be glad of that, they are getting to the age where they fight in the car and just can't seem to keep there hands to themselves. This last December we went to visit my family in Michigan for Christmas and it's quit a long drive for one day but not enough to stay the night somewhere, we decided to purchase one of those traveling DVD systems for the kid to help keep them form fighting so much. I very shortly began to wonder if that had been one of our brighter ideas or maybe one of our naivete's? About an hour and a half into the trip (or was it a minute and a half I'm not sure can't really remember) we began the threats "you need to turn that volume down or we are going to turn it off, stop fighting over which movie your watching , who cares which persons screen gets the DVD, you have to watch the whole movie before putting a new one in" and so it went on and on and on. Can anyone relate, it's like Calgon take me away:) Movie systems in the Car a life saver not so much for us at this stage in life maybe someday not today. Anyway that was a little tangent. We have a couple of family reunions to attend and a few trips to the Drive Inn to plan, it should be a full summer.

1 comment:

Toknowhim said...

We will have to make sure to take some good pictures of our kids having fun on the Swing Set... I am starting to prepare myself for summer too.

Love ya, Kim