Saturday, June 9, 2007

I've missed the Thursday thirteen thing due to a computer virus. So this week it will be Saturday Thirteen.
I'm going to stretch my mind a bit and Write Thirteen reasons becoming a recluse or hermit is a good thing.
1. You have only yourself to cook for.
2. Making yourself happy is the only thing that matters.
3. You get to run your own show, (life)
4. Others will be thrilled when you come around just because you did
5. Others will be understanding when you don't come around (that is just how you are)
6. You don't have to call or talk to anyone.
7. Gods creation is you refuge
8. You don't have to keep up with the Jones because there are no Jones.
9. Money is no object because you have no objects.
10. You don't have to be uptight about gas prices.
11. You don't have to remember phone numbers or addresses
12. No one expects Birthday Present or cards they are just excited if they get them.
13. You always look great because your the only one looking at you.

Isn't life funny in a way, I was thinking about how we come up with our expectations of people and why we don't just have the same expectations when it comes to everyone.
I've learned the hard way that it's hard to balance out our expectations of others. Sometimes we expect to little and that leave no place to go. Sometimes we expect to much which leaves no place but Failure for the person. I use to live my life thinking I don't expect anything from anyone simply because I didn't want to be disappointed if it didn't turn out the way I had hoped, and then I would be pleasantly surprised when it did. Accountability is a key component to life. For so many who are trying to eat healthy and lose weight, budget better to accommodate the gas prices, visit family equally, keep a tidy home, get chores accomplished, the list goes on and on, right down to praying everyday and teaching your children to love and honor God. Sometimes motivation is hard to find day in and day out. People ask me what I did today or this week. Most of the time I say " same old thing just a different day." How easy it is to lose momentum when your out look on life doesn't change from day to day. I guess what I'm saying is we need people to have loving expectations for us, who are willing to love and respect us when we fail as well as when we succeed. We need people in our live who we know will be there unconditionally and love us no matter what. I have one person I know 100% will not leave me or forsake me even when I make poor choice, and that is GOD. I have a few Close Friends who I'm 90% sure will stand with me no matter what. In 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 Tells us what Love really looks like, Love is Patient and Kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. verse 13 says Their are three things that will endure-faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love. When I look at these I see a few that I personally need to work "Love is not irritable, I tend to get irritable easily, that just gained a spot on my to do list. How about yours. Having people in your life that love, and respect you is so important. Accountability is key, and we can only have true accountability with others if we have GOD's Love. Accountability is about telling People GOD's Truth which can be hard sometimes. Don't go out and start telling everyone you meet all kinds of truths that you observe about them or there lives. Accountability is reserved for close relationships and those who ask you to help them with something. I like to remind myself once in while that we as Christians need to tell the truth in love not love to tell the truth. There is a big difference, pray for Gods wisdom to know the difference.

No comments: