Monday, June 18, 2007

what a gift of friendship

I'm so lucky to have such great friends. I'm reminded of a speaker I heard when I was at a Hearts at Home Conferece several years ago. She spoke about the Five friends and compared them to flowers in her garden. I'm not sure I can remember what they all were, but I do remember her talking about the friend who will do something outlandish in your honor even when your sure you didn't want to be the focus of anyones attention. ( but you love it that they cared and remebered). The friend you can go see at anytime and make yourself to home. We have friends who will go to great lengths to be where we are just because they know we will need to see a familar face, like at a funeral or something like that. There was a couple more, but they have escaped my mind for the moment. I do remember the speaker saying that we may not have all these types of friends in our lifetime, and if we were so lucky to have each one of these types of friends, it will probably not be all at the same time. I've been lucky in my adult life to have at least one of each of these friends, and to lose them as well mostly from relocation of one kind or another. You never fully lose them but it's not the same. I visited with one of my good friends resently and we haven't seen each other in a long time we don't talk on the phone or computer much at all, but we were able to pick up where we left off. It was great. If your lucky like I am I would say charish that and help it to grow because it will be one of the best investments you'll ever make. If you don't have those kinds of friends I would say find them work, work, work, to find one you'll be blessed by God.

No comments: