Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I've been working on my Closet tackle today, I'm so behind, wow!! As I was clearing shelves I came across "The Box" you know the one that you keep all the Love letters in from when you and your husband were dating and/or the first year of Marriage, I've kept that down to a shoe box size box which I think is great. I have kept more in it then just stuff from my hubby, there is letters from my sister that I got after I was married and move away as well as some cards from her and other, like for our anniversary, and a few other things that were important to me. Like the brochure from "Josephs techni-color Dream Coat staring Donny Osmond that I went to see in College. Shakespeare festival stuff from my sister who went and shared the stuff with me. Anyway I'm sure you would like me to get to the point, you don't need to know everything that was in the box. Well there was one sheet that was given to me by someone it was a quote I'm going to share it with you then tell you who wrote it:

The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them-words shrink things that seemed limitless when they were in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie to close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or say you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That's the worst, I think when the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller but for want of an understanding ear.

Isn't that a great quote by Stephen King. I wonder often if I open myself up enough to be the understanding ear that maybe someone else needs.

Just thought I would share that little bit of wisdom with everyone as I'm procrastinating on finishing the closet.
Ha, Ha!!!!!!

1 comment:

Toknowhim said...

I will come back after work to read your "Know & Tell" answers... That didn't surprise you about me pulling out the "big gun" questions, did it? I am only getting started. Visit Bev's site...She is just an awesome woman of God, and I think you will be blessed by her posts...