Monday, September 17, 2007

You makes a Difference!!!




I Received this through my e-mail and wanted to display it through my blog and I'm going to give this blue ribbon to a friend who started me into blogging. She has inspired me to push through and keep blogging even when I didn't know if I wanted to keep blogging. I love blogging even if I'm the only one who checks my blog. Ha, Ha!!! I'm just kidding I'm grateful to all who read my blog and I hope that everyone who reads it enjoys it as much as I enjoy putting it together. Thanks Kim. I have to say there are so many people if my life who has made a difference in a small way and some in a not so small way I owe them a debt of gratitude. I will be giving a few more of these out in the future.

"YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE"
A teacher in New York decided to honor each of her seniors in High School by
telling them the difference each of them had made. She called each student
to the front of the class, one at a time.
First, she told each of them how they had made a difference to her, and the
class. Then she presented each of them with a blue ribbon, imprinted with
gold letters, which read, "Who I Am Makes a Difference."
Afterwards, the teacher decided to do a class project, to see what kind of
impact recognition would have on a Community. She gave each of the students
three more blue ribbons, and instructed them to go out and spread this
acknowledgment ceremony. Then they were to follow up on the
results, see who honored whom, and report to the class in about a week.
One of the boys in the class went to a junior executive in a nearby Company,
and honored him for helping him with his career planning. He gave him a
blue ribbon, and put it on his shirt.Then he gave him two extra ribbons and
said, "We're doing a class project on recognition, and we'd like for you to
go out, find somebody to honor, give them a blue ribbon, then give them the
extra blue ribbon so they can acknowledge a third person, to keep this
acknowledgment ceremony going. Then please report back to me and tell me
what happened."
Later that day, the junior executive went in to see his boss, who had been
noted, by the way, as being kind of a grouchy fellow. He sat his boss down,
and he told him that he deeply admired him for being a creative genius. The
boss seemed very surprised. The junior executive asked him if he would
accept the gift of the blue ribbon, and would he give him permission to put
it on him. His surprised boss said, "Well, sure." The junior executive took
the blue ribbon and placed it right on his boss's jacket, above his heart.
As he gave him the last extra ribbon, he said, "Would you take this extra
ribbon, and pass it on by honoring somebody else. The young boy who first
gave me the ribbons is doing a project in school, and we want to keep this
recognition ceremony going and find out how it affects people."
That night, the boss came home to his 14-year-old son, and sat him down. He
said, "The most incredible thing happened to me today. I was in my office,
and one of the junior executives came in and told me he admired me, and
gave me a blue ribbon for being a creative genius. Imagine! He thinks I am
a creative genius! Then he put a blue ribbon that says, "Who I Am Makes a
Difference", on my jacket above my heart. He gave me an extra ribbon and
asked me to find somebody else to honor. As I was driving home tonight, I
started thinking about whom I would honor with this ribbon, and I thought
about you. I want to honor you. My days are hectic and when I come home, I
do not pay a lot of attention to you. Sometimes I scream at you for not
getting good enough grades in school, and for your bedroom being a mess.
Somehow, tonight, I just wanted to sit here and, well, just let you know
that you do make a difference to me. Besides your mother, you are the
most important person in my life, and I love you.
The startled boy started to sob and sob, and he could not stop crying His
whole body shook. He looked up at his father and said through his tears,
"Dad, earlier tonight I sat in my room and wrote a letter to you and Mom,
explaining why I had took my life, and I asked you to forgive me I just did
not think that you cared at all. The letter is upstairs. I don't think I
need it after all."
His father walked upstairs and found a heartfelt letter full of anguish and
pain. The boss went back to work a changed man. He was no longer a grouch,
but made sure to let all of his employees know that they made a difference.
The junior executive helped other young people with career planning, and
never forgot to let them know that they made a difference in his life...one
being the boss' son. In addition, the young boy and his classmates learned
a valuable lesson, "Who you are DOES make a difference".

Isn't this a wonderful story? I'm passing the blue ribbon to you, for WHO
YOU ARE does make a difference, too. You're # 1 in my Book!
May GOD BLESS YOU Have an awesome day, and know that someone has thought
about you today!
A prayer for today: Lord, Thank you for my friends and family who really do
make a difference to me. AMEN

1 comment:

Toknowhim said...

Meliss,

Did you give this award to me? If so, how sweet.. my first award.. I guess we just have to start some of our own awards up :)

I am so glad that God brought you (and your family) into our lives. It makes a difference having genuine friends that love you..