Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday


Time to share your first job experience...
What was your first job experience?
Do you remember the first paycheck, starting salary?
Do you remember your first boss, coworkers?
What was your favorite task/least favorite task?
How did that job end?

I really had to think about this one. My first really job besides babysitting was a summer job. I worked at a local park summer kids day camp thing. I worked there for about 3 summers and always had 2nd or 3rd grade I have a foggy memory. It was a very fun job I spent all day playing with the kids. I don't ever remember not wanting to go to work, I made minimum wage I'm sure and played all day. They ended the program and thus the job was over for me. The boss was a lady her name isn't coming to me... but she was the mother of a friend. I don't remember getting along with her very well but she didn't hang out at the park with us. The kid's favorite game was jump the creek you use two jump ropes and lay them on the ground and slowly move them a part and if the jumpers don't make it across they are out. We played that so much I was sick of it.
Well that is my first really job.

6 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I had friends that used to do a similar job to that. Summer day camp, right? I don't think I could've handled the heat like that everyday. It sounded like anoverall good experience for you.

Anonymous said...

It's funny but when I was younger it didn't seem as hot as it does now. I don't know if it's due to getting older or just having the convince of air conditioning now. Air conditioning wasn't in every home when I was going up, actually it was in very few. Sometimes I wonder if we've made summer heat uncomfortable by having Air condition everywhere home, car, store, everywhere.

Annie said...

Your first job sounds like a fun one!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

Corey~living and loving said...

ooooo sounds like fun. Thank you for the " jump the creek" game idea... I love it. I will be doing that with my child.

Nancy Face said...

What a fun job...playing with little kids all day! Thank you for sharing your good memories! :)

Kim said...

Day Camp! I went one summer for a few weeks....and we did tons of fun crafts.

I babysat so much before I was old enough to get a "real" job that I didn't want anything to do with kids when I considered something more grown up.

Sounds like you had a fun time...
*smiles*
Kim